Door County Catering
At Chives, we understand consistent excellence in the food we serve and the services we provide is the true key to success and the reason why our business is built on word-of-mouth referrals from clients, venues, and vendors with whom we have worked.
Chives is available for drop-off catering to your office or home, as well as full-service catering for indoor/outdoor weddings, corporate events, fundraisers, dinner parties, showers, cocktail parties, and more. We craft each event individually and can accommodate a range of visions and budgets. We can provide the following services to make your event effortless, gorgeous, and delicious: customized menus; coordination of rentals and staffing; onsite set up, plating, and breakdown.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you create your next event.
Fresh. Local. Seasonal.
At Chives, we believe food is at its best when it is fresh, local, and seasonal. Creative, beautiful presentation is an important part of the dining experience, and should be executed with thoughtfulness and care. We work with local farms and vendors to procure the freshest, artisanal ingredients and everything is made from-scratch, by us, in our kitchen.
We love weddings! From creating a custom menu based on your tastes and preferences, to providing you with guidance and support through the entire process of wedding planning, we are here to help!
The relationships we’ve created over the years with local rental companies and event planners can make booking with us plain and simple. Our experience has awarded us the privilege of catering some amazing events at some beautiful venues. Contact us to see what the possibilities are
When to begin your Planning…
Time is the most important and influential factors to consider when planning your event. The planning process itself to the season your custom menu is crafted for, is all affected by time and we really hate saying “No”!
We suggest beginning your planning process as far out from the event date as possible. Being ahead of the game will ensure your event will be a success. Events requiring chef or service staff require the most lead time for booking due to schedule arrangements. Pick-up caterings and smaller (unstaffed) events require less notice and are often accepted up to 7 days prior to the event date.
The menu is also subject to time with the change of the season. At Chives Door County, we strive to provide the highest quality ingredients available therefore menus are often revised and finalized as the event date nears. Our event planners will work with our Chefs on sending you updates as your event approaches.
Building Your Menu
Chives Door County caterings are completely customized to suit your preferences, the season, and your occasion or event theme. The style of service (plated, buffet/display, or family-style) can also be customized to suit the venue, guest count, and event theme.
A list of sample menus and guest favorites are shown below. Please contact our event planners for more information or to begin your custom quote. All menu quotes are based on your estimated guest count and priced per person.
Welcome your guests with a selection of small bites as a prelude to your meal or as a part of your cocktail party. Can be offered as a display or tray passed (service fees may apply).
SUGGESTED PORTION SIZES
Light: (3 to 4 pieces per person) Recommended for a Short Cocktail Hour before Dinner.
Medium: (5 to 8 pieces per person) Recommended for a Long Cocktail Hour before Dinner.
Heavy: (9 to 15+ pieces per person) Recommended for Long Events in place of Dinner.
*The timing of your event and occasion is very important. The longer your event will last and the larger your guests list, the greater the number of selections you should consider offering.
COOL TEMPERATURE ITEMS
Vegetarian Crepe Rolls with Local Sprouts & Boursin Cheese
Fresh Fruit Skewers with Minted Yogurt Dip
Vegetable Gazpacho Shooter with Creme Fraiche
Classic Tomato Bruschetta with Parmesan & Balsamic
Prosciutto Wrapped Grilled Asparagus with Balsamic
Smoked Salmon & Potato Pancake with Red Onion, Caper, & Creme Fraiche
Blackened Ahi Tuna with Wasabi Aioli
Certified Angus Beef® Tartare with Crostini
Fresh Oyster Raw in the Half Shell with Jalapeño Hogwash
Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail with Chives Cocktail Sauce
WARM TEMPERATURE ITEMS
Beef or Chicken Satay with Teriyaki or Garlic Chili Glaze
Chorizo & Crab Stuffed Mushroom Cap
Wild Mushroom Bruschetta with Goat Cheese & Balsamic Glaze
Lamb Kofta with Tzatziki & Red Pepper Jam
Mini Crab Cake with Roasted Red Pepper Cream
Bacon Wrapped Chorizo Stuffed Medjool Date
Bacon Wrapped Bay Scallop with Maple Mustard
Jumbo Shrimp with Spicy Creole Sauce
DISPLAYS AND BOARDS
Crudités with Fresh Vegetables, Hummus, & Pita Bread
Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese Board with Smoked Sausage
Artisan Cheese Board with Fresh Fruit
Soft Cheese Board with Dried Fruit and Preserves
House-made Charcuterie Board with Whole Grain Mustard
Customized Raw Bar with Fresh Raw Oysters, Lobster Salad, Scallop Ceviche, Jumbo Shrimp, & Caviar
Mini Sweets Display: (Choose Three) Seasonal Fruit Tartlets, Chocolate Petit Fours, Specialty Cookies, Chocolate Truffles, Cheesecake Bites, & Mini Éclairs
Perfect for casual dinners or family gatherings. Can be offered as a Pick-up or Delivered Catering. A two-week notice is recommended for events requesting service staff. *All dinner buffets include Fresh Baked Artisan Bread.
Chicken Salad on Croissant
Turkey Club on Seven-grain
Ultimate BLT with Avocado on Seven-grain
Roasted Angus Beef with Bleu Cheese Mayo on French
House-smoked Pulled BBQ Beef Brisket
House-smoked Pulled Cuban Pork
Roasted Jerk Bone-in Chicken
BYO Burgers & Brats
Certified Angus BeefÆ Sirloin
Chicken Breast Piccata
Herb Crusted Baked Atlantic Cod
Butternut Squash Ravioli in a Brown Butter Cream Sauce
Certified Angus BeefÆ Tenderloin
Roasted Free Range Chicken
Fresh Wester Ross® Salmon
Wild Mushroom Risotto
COOL TEMPERATURE SIDE DISHES
Organic Greens with French Herb Vinaigrette
Spicy Thai Vegetable & Rice Noodle Salad
Chilled Green Bean Salad
Home-style Potato Salad
Italian Vegetable Penne Salad
HOT TEMPERATURE SIDE DISHES
Herb Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Garlic Whipped Red Potatoes
Herb Roasted Root Vegetables
Buttered Fresh Seasonal Vegetables
Classic Sage Stuffing
Lemon Herb Quinoa
Traditional Prix Fixe Plated Dinner
This two course plated dinner is offered for events of up to 200 guests. Choose One salad course (same for all guests) and Two entrée selections (guest entrée selection count due at final confirmation).
SALADS *Seasonal item.
Chives Organic Mixed Greens with French Herb Vinaigrette
Classic Caesar with Parmesan Cheese & Croutons
*Roasted Beet Salad with Stilton Bleu Cheese, Local Sprouts, & Walnut Vinaigrette
*Tomato Cucumber Salad with Fresh Mint, Feta Cheese, & Lemon Vinaigrette
*Poached Pear Salad with Organic Greens, Stilton Bleu Cheese, & Sherry Vinaigrette
*Classic Caprese Salad with Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil, Balsamic, & Toasted Pine Nuts
*Crab Tower with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat, Local Sprouts, Avocado, & Citrus Vinaigrette
ENTREES *Vegetarian item.
Sliced Certified Angus BeefÆ Sirloin with Fingerling Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, & Red Wine Bordelaise
Chicken Piccata with Fingerling Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, & Lemon Caper Butter
French Battered Lemon Sole with Fingerling Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, & Beurre Blanc
*Butternut Squash Ravioli with Toasted Pine Nuts, Julienne Vegetables, & Brown Butter Cream Sauce
Sliced Certified Angus BeefÆ Tenderloin with Fingerling Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, & Chimichurri
Roasted Free Range Bone-in Chicken with Roasted Potatoes & Wild Mushroom Vinaigrette
Fresh Wester Ross® Salmon with Fingerling Potatoes, Melted Leeks, & Beurre Rouge
*Wild Mushroom Risotto with Le Clare FarmsÆ Evalon Cheese & White Truffle Oil
Chicken Marsala with Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans, & Crimini Mushrooms
Seared Maple LeafÆ Duck Breast with Confit Potatoes, Bacon Braised Kale, & Port Reduction
Baked Day Boat Cod with Roasted Tomato, Seasonal Vegetables, & Herb Brown Butter Crumb
*Roasted Seasonal Vegetables & Lemon Herb Quinoa
Plated Chef’s Tasting
This coursed dinner is offered for the adventurous foodie. The menu is comprised of the freshest ingredients selected from our top purveyors and sourced locally when possible.
Customize a 4 to 6 course plated dinner for up to 50 guests. Please contact our event planners for more information or to begin your custom quote.
SAMPLE PLATED CHEF’S TASTING DINNER
- King Crab Cake with Apple & Shaved Fennel
- Local Micro Greens with Balsamic Onion & Roasted Tomato
- Seared Sea Scallop with Saffron Risotto & Lemon Aioli
- Alaskan Halibut with Grilled Fingerling Potatoes, & Preserved Lemon
- Certified Angus Beef® with Goat Cheese Mashed Potato & Port Wine Reduction
- Strawberry Shortcake with House-made Whipped Cream
Six Course Farm to Table Plated Tasting: One Amuse Bouche, One Salad, Three Mains, & One Dessert
Five Course Farm to Table Plated Tasting: One Amuse Bouche, One Salad, Two Mains, & One Dessert
Four Course Farm to Table Plated Tasting: One Amuse Bouche, One Salad, One Main, & One Dessert
Farm to Table Series
Enjoy the ultimate harvest table experience! This menu is similar to our Chef’s Tasting package but offered family style. Perfect for large events and weddings, this menu is comprised of the freshest ingredients selected from our top purveyors and sourced locally when possible. Customized to suit the season, your preferences, and budget. Please contact our event planners for more information or to begin your custom quote.
SAMPLE FARM TO TABLE SERIES DINNER
- Roasted Certified Angus Beef® with Chimichurri
- Crispy Fried Local Perch with Fresh Lobster Remoulade
- Roasted Local Free Range Bone-in Chicken with Mushroom Vinaigrette
- House-smoked Salmon, Artisan Greens, & Buttermilk
- Organic Greens Salad with French Herb Vinaigrette
- Local Tomato & Fresh Mozzarella with Basil & Balsamic Glaze
- Roasted Local Fingerling Potatoes with Fresh Herbs
- Roasted Local Summer Vegetables
- Fresh Baked Artisan Bread
WARES & SERVICE
Chives catered events are designed to be help you take the guess work out of your planning. All Chives catered events include white porcelain china, flatware, black napkin linen, and all additional wares for food and beverage items provided by Chives for no additional fees. Some equipment rental may be required for large events. Event spaces with Chives’ staff will be returned to the best state possible without interruption and trash will be disposed of. All wares will be packed up and returned to the restaurant at the agreed upon end of service. Any wares left behind can be arranged to be picked up or returned to the restaurant at a mutually agreed upon time.
MEETINGS WITH OUR EVENT PLANNER
All meetings whether phone or in person must be scheduled in advance at a mutually agreed upon time. Phone calls are appreciated during business hours only.
To discuss availability and to begin your custom quote, please contact :
Below are some questions to get you prepared when contacting our event planner.
- What type of event are you planning?
- Is there an event theme?
- What is the date of your event?
- What is your estimated headcount?
- Have you selected a venue?
- Do you require or are you requesting service staff?
- Do you have an estimated budget or price per person?
- Are you working with any outside vendors or event planners?
- Are there any allergies or dietary restrictions you are aware of?
- Do you have any specific menu requests?
- What is the timing for the event?
POLICIES, GUIDELINES, & REQUIREMENTS
All catered events cancelled within 30 days of the event date may be subject to a charge of up to 100% of the estimated revenue. In the event of cancellation due to extraordinary circumstances such as natural disaster or death, you will be given the opportunity to reschedule the event within 60 days for no additional fees.
OUTDOOR EVENT REQUIREMENTS
Large outdoor catered events provided by Chives Door County may require some of the following.
- Private insured land, and/or approval of usage, and public special events permit. It is recommended to inquire regarding special events permits and regulations with your city/town hall well in advance due to the lengthy approval period for some areas. Sending letters to the site’s immediate neighbors informing them of your event is also encouraged.
- Direct road/driveway access and immediate parking near the tent for Chives Door County’s catering trailer and truck.
- Pre-determined number of reserved parking for Chives Door County’s staff.
- Rental and complete set-up of One 20ft x 20ft pole tent with siding for kitchen set-up. Preferably connected to the main guest dining tent.
- Rental and complete set-up of Eight 8ft banquet tables for kitchen set-up.
- Electrical power (220v) hook-ups may be required depending on the equipment needed to prepare the event menu.
- Rental and complete set-up of lighting for kitchen tent. Determined by the season and time of day.
- Rental and complete set-up of heating unit for kitchen tent. Determined by the season.
- Access to running water is preferred but may not be necessary for all events.
- Waste storage and removal may be required for large events.
- Access to working restroom facilities are required for staffed events.
- Access to the site up to 2 days prior to the event may be requested for early delivery and set-up of event items.
- Some event items provided by Chives Door County may be requested to be left behind to picked up in the days immediately following the event.
ADDITIONAL TERMS + CONDITIONS
- Events are booked on a first come, first-served basis.
- Chives Door County’s chefs make all food items fresh on the day of your event, therefore Chives Door County does not have quantities available for tastings. Should you require a pre-tasting of menu items, paid arrangements can be made with our event planner. Not all items are available for tasting, since many are seasonal and/or special order.
- Guest’s secured credit card information must be on file with our event planner to finalize the booking process.
- A 20% non-refundable deposit may be required for large events. All deposit balances will be applied to the final invoice.
- A delivery fee may be required for off-site events. This figure will be determined by the distance from the restaurant, equipment required, and level of service needed.
- A 5% sales tax will be added to the final total of all items.
- Chives Door County will provide a basic printed menu upon request for all events with plated or family-style service.
- Final food and beverage menus must be received at least 14 days prior to your event. Any changes will result in a $50 administration/expediting fee. Guest guarantee number or head count (and entree selection for plated dinners) must be given at least 7 days prior to your event. Customer agrees that unless Chives Door County is notified 7 days prior to the event, if the actual number of guests on the day of the party is less than the number of guests guaranteed, you will be charged for the guarantee number and menu items.
- Buffet and family-style food items (considered ‘left-over’) provided by Chives Door County will not be allowed to be packaged or taken off-site due to food safety regulations and to reduce the risk of food bourne illness.
- Service staff (1 to 2 servers) can be provided for events meeting a food and beverage minimum spend of $1000.00. A 20% gratuity / service charge will be added to ALL checks associated with staffed events. Service and Chef staffing for events will be determined 30 days prior to the event date. Additional gratuity / service charges (up to $20.00/hour) may apply to events requesting additional staff or deemed necessary by Chives Door County’s chef and management team.
- Chives Door County’s staff members are contracted for service of Chives Door County’s food and beverage items only. Under no circumstances will our staff be required to serve, handle, set-up, or move items that are not provided by Chives Door County.
- Chives Door County’s staff members may require use of kitchen equipment if available at the venue.
- All events will have a pre-determined start and end time. All additional time requested will require an additional service fee or gratuity.
- All complimentary wares (china, flatware, linen, etc.) and/or rentals of items provided by Chives Door County for catered events will have scheduled pick-up and return times. Failure to return items on time may result in additional service or rental fees. Pick up of these items can be pre-arranged with our event planner but may require an additional service fee.
- Excessive breakage of china or glassware by guests will result in a charge of up to $20.00 per piece.
- Final billing will be based on the guaranteed guest count provided at final confirmation unless the guest count increases.
- The balance of all remaining charges, including applicable taxes, gratuities and service charges are to be paid in full the same day as the event or charges will be applied to the guest credit card information on file with our event planners.
- A 5% per day increase to the final bill will be assessed if payment is not received on time. Credit cards on file that decline upon being charged may also be subject to this fee.
- Any parties wishing to pay via personal or business check must have permission prior to the event date.